AFC Wimbledon eased to a 4-0 home win over Burton Albion at Kingsmeadow.

Luke Moore, George Moncur, Byron Harrison and Sammy Moore grabbed the strikes in either half as the Dons comfortably recorded a third home win in a row.

And Dons manager Terry Brown will be delighted to see four names on his scoresheet other than the prolific Jack Midson, with Luke Moore scoring his first goal since January, Moncur his first in senior football and Harrison his first since his record move from Stevenage in January.

Even more pleasing for Brown would have been the clean sheet, something the Dons have struggled for all season.

Both teams had been lacking in form going into the game but it started at a blistering pace, with Adam Bolder hitting the crossbar after 32 seconds and Midson flashing a volley wide a minute later.

Luke More had tweeted that goals were on his mind in the build up to the game and he delivered on that promise in the ninth minute.

Moncur was given the space to run at the defence and set up Moore who drilled into the bottom corner.

Within a minute, Seb Brown had to keep out a Greg Pearson shot when the forward really should have done better than shoot at the keeper when in space Midson’s shot with the outside of his boot was palmed behind by Ross Atkins and Moncur also shot straight at the keeper from distance in a frenetic opening 25 minutes.

The game entered into a lull then until the 60th minute when a near interchange between Midson, Luke Moore and Moncur on the edge of the box ended with Moncur’s shot being saved by Atkins.

Harrison entered the action with 23 minutes to go and produced his best display for the Dons.

Having already had a shot saved by Atkins, he surged at the defence on 74 minutes before setting up Midson who saw his shot parried to Moncur who slotted home to make the game safe.

Midson shot wide of the post and Brown saved Ryan Austin’s header before Wimbledon put a fine gloss on the scoreline in injury time.

A deep corner was headed back across goal by Midson and, with Atkins stranded, Harrison had the simplest task to break his Dons duck from an inch out.

There was still time for Christian Jolley to have a shot tipped over the bar and Sammy Moore to round off the scoreline as he cheekily chipped over Atkins for a fourth.

It was Wimbledon’s biggest win of the season and should now guarantee them League Two football next season.