Met Police boss Jim Cooper was delighted to see his side progress in the FA Cup with  2-0 win over Dereham Town last night, writes Tom Ambrose.

Jonte Smith’s early strike put the Met in control before Tyron Smith’s late strike in stoppage time sealed the replay win.

They next face a trip to Combined Counties outfit South Park in the fourth qualifying round.

Boss Cooper, who was sent to the stands as tempers flared late in the game, said: “We controlled the game and probably had enough chances to win the cup.

“I’m very pleased with the result and performance. Our goal was to reach the first round proper and we’re one step closer.

“South Park is a massive opportunity and we will be approaching the game in the right manner.”

The Met piled on the pressure early and made the breakthrough with a piece of individual brilliance from in-form Jonte Smith after 15 minutes.

The striker collected the ball outside the box before jinking his way through the Dereham backline and slotting through keeper Andrew Wilton’s legs.

Dereham had a rare chance to draw level on fifteen minutes later when Nicky Howell beat the offside trap before firing hopelessly over.

Before the break, the Met went close again when Howard Newton met Craig Brown’s cross but saw his rising header clear the crossbar.

Early in the second half, Tyron Smith carried the ball from midfield but couldn’t keep his audacious drive on target.

With the game stretched, Howard Newton had a great one-on-one to seal the win but a bobble at the crucial moment saw his effort balloon over.

With Dereham throwing everybody forward late on, Tyron Smith took advantage on the break, his fierce drive proving unstoppable to Wilton’s right.

With full time approaching, tempers flared on the touchline and boss Cooper found himself sent to the stands.

He said: “I don’t know why I was sent off. Elliot Taylor made a comment to their bench and they reacted.

“I tried to stop them charging onto the pitch to and the referee sent me off.

“He said he’ll rescind it after talking to his linesman, who could see I was peacekeeper.”