The news that Andrew Pelling was shortlisted but unsuccessful in becoming Labour’s candidate in Carshalton & Wallington is a reminder that Croydon’s politicians all too often have their eyes on the prize, instead of our town.
Instead of sneaking off to selection meetings in other boroughs behind the backs of voters, he should be honest with residents in Waddon and confirm that in reality he is looking for a top job outside of Croydon.
After being introduced as the face of Croydon Labour’s election campaign by his friend Tony Newman, Mr Pelling has been given a very generous second chance.
However once again he is putting his political ambitions before the local people he is supposed to represent.
Barry Walton, King Henry's Drive, New Addington
What do you think? Leave your comments below or send a letter to: email@example.com.
- Weather warning blow to bank holiday weekend plans
- Croydon Poundworld had ‘out of control’ rodent infestation
- Here's how to get a free ride on the Tube next week
- Murder investigation launched after woman stabbed to death in street
- A six foot snake has been discovered in a Croydon alleyway