The news that Andrew Pelling was shortlisted but unsuccessful in becoming Labour’s candidate in Carshalton & Wallington is a reminder that Croydon’s politicians all too often have their eyes on the prize, instead of our town.
Instead of sneaking off to selection meetings in other boroughs behind the backs of voters, he should be honest with residents in Waddon and confirm that in reality he is looking for a top job outside of Croydon.
After being introduced as the face of Croydon Labour’s election campaign by his friend Tony Newman, Mr Pelling has been given a very generous second chance.
However once again he is putting his political ambitions before the local people he is supposed to represent.
Barry Walton, King Henry's Drive, New Addington
What do you think? Leave your comments below or send a letter to: email@example.com.
- UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Queenstown Road station
- A man who died under police restraint could have been saved, a jury has been told
- A £10k reward is being put up to catch the Croydon Cat Killer
- A new primary school building for 630 children has been approved in Thornton Heath
- What an Inspector ‘took home' in just one week shows how tough it is to be a police officer in south London