Jessica Swann (Trams are crowded, slow, messy and horrible to use August 10) seems to have a complex on trams that I do not share.
I do not find them slow... they are considerably faster and more comfortable than buses. I do not find them dirty and I have no objection to animals, bikes and mobility scooters being allowed. These are also allowed on trains.
They are not an eyesore nor a problem for good car drivers.
They are not unduly noisy and do not make Croydon look horrible. They are an asset to Croydon.
As for her comments on to unsavoury incidents you cannot blame trams for that and such incidents could also occur on trains or buses.
- Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three arrested after man, 23, stabbed in South Norwood
- Councillors fear £1.4bn shopping mall could look too much like shopping mall
- WARNING: New phone scam leaves victims stung with hefty bills
- Senior Croydon Council officer confirmed as temporary boss
- Busted: Massive £100k cannabis factory uncovered after Purley drugs swoop