Jessica Swann (Trams are crowded, slow, messy and horrible to use August 10) seems to have a complex on trams that I do not share.
I do not find them slow... they are considerably faster and more comfortable than buses. I do not find them dirty and I have no objection to animals, bikes and mobility scooters being allowed. These are also allowed on trains.
They are not an eyesore nor a problem for good car drivers.
They are not unduly noisy and do not make Croydon look horrible. They are an asset to Croydon.
As for her comments on to unsavoury incidents you cannot blame trams for that and such incidents could also occur on trains or buses.
- Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Elderly man killed in Waddon flat fire named as Khalid Nazir
- Government under fire from union for 'favourable treatment' of Southern Railway owner
- Missing teenage girl who disappeared from hospital found overnight
- Hit-and-run thug who mowed down and killed policeman caught playing Xbox Live in prison 'using Cop Killer tag'
- Man dies after flat fire in Croydon