It is insulting to hear that Labour Councillor Andrew Pelling is secretly trying to become a Parliamentary candidate in Camden after promising to dedicate himself to Waddon residents in May.
If he wanted to go back to Parliament representing another borough then he should not have stood locally making promises he knew he could not keep.
He should return his very generous taxpayer-funded council salary and step down immediately so a committed candidate can represent the area.
Politicians need to learn they cannot have it both ways.
If Pelling wants to be an MP again, he cannot expect us to pay for him while he is job-hunting, when he should be working for Croydon residents.
- Send your letters to: email@example.com
- UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Queenstown Road station
- A man who died under police restraint could have been saved, a jury has been told
- A £10k reward is being put up to catch the Croydon Cat Killer
- A new primary school building for 630 children has been approved in Thornton Heath
- What an Inspector ‘took home' in just one week shows how tough it is to be a police officer in south London