It is insulting to hear that Labour Councillor Andrew Pelling is secretly trying to become a Parliamentary candidate in Camden after promising to dedicate himself to Waddon residents in May.
If he wanted to go back to Parliament representing another borough then he should not have stood locally making promises he knew he could not keep.
He should return his very generous taxpayer-funded council salary and step down immediately so a committed candidate can represent the area.
Politicians need to learn they cannot have it both ways.
If Pelling wants to be an MP again, he cannot expect us to pay for him while he is job-hunting, when he should be working for Croydon residents.
- Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This American football star was trafficked into the UK and left homeless - now he has gone from Croydon to the NFL
- Mum quit her job to take son to school in Vauxhall because of a Croydon Primary's 'unacceptable' admissions policy
- Crystal Palace Beer Festival is returning with 150 beers and 50 ciders to get stuck into
- Armed forces deployed in London in response to critical terror alert
- Lower Addiscombe Road closed off, due to crash between quad bike and car